Health Screening Policy
In response to the COVID-19 health emergency, the following procedures have been implemented in addition to standard risk and quality control procedures in all service areas:
Pre-Service Health Screening and service restrictions
For the protection of all participants our small group and all individual services in the community follow new health screening measures.
Services are restricted** for any guest or support staff who has:
- travelled interstate or internationally within the last 21 days
- been in direct close contact with someone who has travelled overseas in the last 21 days
- been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid 19 or in close contact with anyone who has been asked to self-isolate because of a close contact.
- Is experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms
- Has experienced a fever (temperature above 38.1 ) within the 7 day period prior to service.
**Emergency and short notice respite and accommodation will be risk assessed individually to determine if we can safely assist with crisis care as required.
Other Service Health Screening:
- Staff and guests are required to participate in temperature screening for all service contacts and regularly during multi-day excursions.
- Daily temperature monitoring and recording procedures are in place to track any changes in the health of our key support staff and guests.
Action plan for a fever
Response Guidelines – For any traveller with a temperature over 37.9 c:
- The person will be provided with a mask immediately even with no other symptoms noted.
- The person will be provided with comfort and adequate support to isolate to their room as soon as practical
- If vehicle transport is unavoidable the masked person should be as physically distant from another person as can be achieved before returning to isolate.
- Operational support team to initiate:
- Contact with guardians and guest representatives
- internal clinical support,
- additional or replacement support staff.
- Medical advice is to be sought from the Coronavirus Health Information Line